Facebook badge

Amol Aggarwal's Facebook profile

About Me

I like to write once in a while. I hope you will like my blog.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Things to consider before joining software company

I would like to enumerate some of the things which goes through my mind when I am about to join a software company .Firstly I would like to consider the domain where I am going to work and whether the job I am getting helps me specialize in my field each passing day. Will the technology I am going to work on and skills I am going to learn remain in demand ten years from now? Only sure way to progress in your career is to be better at something you know how to do best.Secondly I would consider what salary the company offers . Money is sure important for me. If there is an opportunity in a company to work abroad surely there is more money indirectly.Thirdly I would like to envision myself whether I would like the work which I am going to do 5 days a week 9 hrs a day.There is no point working for a company where your primary responsibility is doing quality analysis in excel sheets.Lastly I would consider the brand name of the company.

No comments: